Lorry was raised in Lynnwood, WA where her interest in hair design came at a young age. She jokes, "When I was a little girl my mom wouldn't buy me Barbie dolls because I always cut their hair off." It was then as a kid she knew playing with hair was a passion, one that was going to play a major role in her life moving forward.
Some of Lorry’s career highlights include:
- 2001: Graduated from Cosmetology School with a focus on hair color
- 2000-2004: Chose to focus on growing her clientele and education base by working for a large chain hair salon predominately located in shopping malls. It was here where she learned the importance that beautiful hair and customer service go hand in hand
- 2004-2006: Transferred to a small independently owned local salon where she learned from other professionals how much advanced training was available along with all the different opportunities for professional growth the hair industry had to offer. It was then that she decided to pursue opening a salon in order to provide the same for other likeminded hairstylists.
- 5/06: Graduated from the Summit Salon Business College in Tampa, FL prior to opening the first Elle Marie Hair Studio
- 8/06: Opened Elle Marie Hair Studio, Mill Creek, Washington
- 9/06: Received her PureOlogist Certification
- 10/06 & 9/11: Certified in So.Cap and HotHeads Hair Extensions
- 1/07 & 1/09 & 1/11: Attended the bi-annual Redken Symposium in Las Vegas
- 3/08 & 9/11: Completed Redken Specialist Connection & Redken Master Specialist
- 10/08: Completed Everything’s Included 2, Redken Exchange NYC
- 11/09: Completed Cut and Know Why, Redken Exchange NYC
- 2009: Completed Step Up Program
- 2009 & 10 & 11: Recognized as the top grossing salon for Redken/PureOlogy for Pacific Northwest Region
- 6/10: Opened Elle Marie Hair Studio, Lake Stevens
- 5/11: Completed Design Structure in Motion, Sexy Hair, Institute of Courage, California
- 9/11: Completed Color and Know Why, Redken Exchange, NYC
- 1/12: Certified Redken Hair colorist
- 2010, 11, 12: Helped guide Elle Marie Hair Studio to win Salon Today Top 200 fastest growing salon’s in America
- 2008, 09, 10: Elle Marie Hair Studio Top 5 Finalist Evening Magazine Best of Western Washington.
Ongoing: Along with the major accomplishments listed above, Lorry continues to regularly host and attend numerous Color and Design classes in order to keep herself and her team of 30 Stylists inspired and up to date on the latest hair trends and techniques. Her goal is to take her passion for learning and pass it on to other salon professionals in and out of her own salon where they will learn the necessary skills to pass on to their guests.
Lorry is a talented hair stylist; however her greatest strength is her outgoing personality and ability to connect with her guests. Behind the chair is where she really gets excited. Educating her guests about home maintenance and creating beauty from within has always been her calling. Lorry truly enjoys building relationships with each one of her clients which ultimately helps her recommend styles that will not only be easily manageable but on the cutting edge of hair design. Taking into mind lifestyle, face shape, skin tone and maintenance with her clients needs, they then come up with the perfect color and design service specific to the individual. Her guests continually leave feeling confident and beautiful.
In her spare time Lorry loves spending time with her friends and family. She and her husband have two sons, a daughter and a black lab named Charlie. Regarding her hobbies, Lorry smiles and states, "Shopping and wine...need I say more?"
When not snipping locks, Lorry has been lucky enough to do some travelling. Her experiences include kissing the Blarney Stone in Ireland, tracking an elephant on a safari in Ghana, jet skiing in the Sea of Taiwan and enjoying frothy beverages at Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany.
"Hey Lorry, Just wanted to let you know how much I love the Keratin Complex! It has made my daily life so much easier and faster to get out the door. I wash about 3 times a week, and just let it air dry, which was never an option before. When I go over it with the flat iron, it's amazingly flat, smooth and shiny."
~ Caldwell P. - (E-mail to Lorry on 5/5/11.)
"Greetings my new salon friends! I came in a few weeks ago with my best friend Kandie to just look at some books! We both were in need of a HUGE change and as best friends, of course we wanted to share the experience together. In we walk to Elle Marie and the journey began. Lorry cut my hair, 8 inches YIKES and did a fabulous job! I love my hair!! Life changing for me and so much fun doing it. Everyone in the salon is so nice and we both felt very comfortable allowing these "AWESOME" Stylist to make us over. I had my color done today and it is sooooooo perfect! I have never had such a great cut and color anywhere. Thank you Lorry for bringing out the best in me ~ My new salon and my new friends.......life is good. :)"
~ Kristie S. - Bothell, WA (E-mail to Lorry on 4/7/09.)
"Nate and I went to the Seahawks game on Sunday. We were sitting on the sunny side of the stadium enjoying life (not the game). I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. The woman sitting behind me said, 'Your hair looks fabulous. Whoever does the color really knows what they are doing. I have been sitting here looking at your hair the whole game. I do hair for a living, and rarely do I see such good color with great depth on a person with your hair color'. I so agree with her! You do fabulous work, and I can't wait to get in again for you to do your magic!"
~ Connie S. - Lynnwood, WA (E-mail to Lorry on 11/25/08)
"So first off I gotta say...I totally love my hair. It looks exactly how I envisioned it! The color is fantastic, and the cut made it so bouncy and healthy.
So remember I told you I hadn't told Sean I was getting 6 inches cut off and I was wondering how he would react?
He likes it! He told me he thinks it looks sexy. ;-) He also really likes the color. So thanks again! You did a super job."
~ Dawn S. - Bothell, WA (E-mail to Lorry)
"I LOVE my hair cut and color! People have been going on and on about how they like the cut and color. (I try to hand out your card when they do.)"
~ Jeanie G. - Bothell, WA (E-mail to Lorry)
"Hey there! I just wanted to tell you how great (Lorry) is! She is now my new Hairdresser and I am going to tell everyone I know about her salon! I LOVE IT! I had such a great time with her! She did a fantastic job on my foil and even did my eyebrows! Thank you so much for letting me know about her salon and for helping me get in touch with her. :-)"
~ Kristie M. - Everett, WA (E-mail to Jody)
"Hi Lorry - It was so nice meeting you! I just wanted to say thank you for the haircut and coloring. What a nice and unexpected surprise! I love what you did to my hair and I will continue to tell my friends about you. Thanks so much."
~ Shelly B. - Location Unknown (E-mail to Lorry)