Here at Elle Marie Hair Studio, we prioritize the health and safety of our guests. With this in mind, please be aware that sensitivities to professional hair color and other professional chemicals can develop at any time, and as such most manufacturers recommend a patch test be performed 48 hours prior to any services where these products come into direct contact with the skin. We know many of our guests have been receiving these services without any adverse reaction for quite some time, and for your convenience we are providing you with the option of waiving your patch test. Please note that manufactures recommend this test be done prior to every chemical service (regardless of previous patch test outcomes) and that a negative patch test does not guarantee you will not have an adverse reaction.
I am aware and understand that:
- Receiving any on-the-scalp hair color, chemical smoothing, or texturizing service can cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
- This reaction can occur at any time even if I received this service on previous occasions.
- The manufacturers of these professional products recommend performing a skin patch test forty-eight (48) hours prior to all chemical services that come into direct contact with the skin.
- A negative skin patch test does not guarantee that a reaction will not occur.
- These risks have been explained to me and if I have any concerns, I will seek medical advice prior to any color service.
I release and hold Elle Marie Hair Studio, and its owners, directors, employees and agents harmless against any and all liability, damage, and/or expenses arising out of or in connection with actions, claims, and/or damages resulting in personal injuries and disabilities (physical or psychological) relating in any manner to the chemical alteration through permanent chemical processing of my hair. I understand that additional treatments may be recommended and/or necessary for my hair maintenance, and that permanent damage to my hair is possible due to the chemical application.