ASSOCIATE PROGRAM at ELLE MARIE HAIR STUDIO
Elle Marie Hair Studio is proud to offer a paid internship/advanced training program for licensed stylists with less than two years of industry experience. During this 6-to-9 month program, Associates are paired with a senior-level Educator stylist for hands-on, one-on-one career coaching. Our Associate Program is an opportunity for Cosmetology graduates to learn from on-the-job training and to experience the work life culture at Elle Marie.
We also offer this program to more experienced licensed stylists who have taken a break from the industry, or experienced stylists who wish to transition away from specializing in technical or design services.
Associates are not assistants. Instead, our Associates act as partners with their Educators, who provide a collaborative environment for growth, learning, and support.
Elle Marie Hair Studio’s Advanced Training Program is a comprehensive hands-on experience that provides training in the areas of technical skills, guest handling, and business building. Our Associates are partnered with an Elle Marie Hair Studio Educator whose number-one goal is to help support the Associates desire to grow into a career hairstylist. Like our service providers, our training program has a performance-based level system. When each level is completed, there is a raise in hourly wage and the opportunity to move up to the next level. The salon provides an environment for growth, learning, and support. It is our goal that every trainee graduates from our program with a seamless transition from associate to stylist with the skills necessary for success in and out of the industry. Hairstylists that join our program come with passion, an eagerness to learn, and a willingness to be trained and coached.
The Associate Program allowed me to learn in a real time environment from an exceptional educator. It was the bridge of knowledge for me from beauty school to real life behind the chair. I got to learn how to further understand the processes, techniques and important skills that it truly takes to be successful. I attribute all of my successes to starting out my career path in Elle Marie’s Associate Program. I learned more in the short months I was paired with my educator than I did in all of beauty school (and I thought I learned a lot in school!!). This program excels your knowledge, builds your confidence, and sets you up properly to be a full time stylist behind the chair.
The program meant so much to me that I am now an Educator myself. I love having the opportunity nurture and expand the knowledge of the Associates I have the pleasure of working with. I firmly believe in, “I am who I have grown.”
- • Starter kit including textbooks, goal trackers, and supplies
- • Advanced Training classes both from Elle Marie’s Educators and offsite
- • Opportunities to build and maintain your existing clientele
- • Personalized, hands-on mentoring & coaching
- • Learning essential time-management skills from an already established professional
- • Monthly private, dedicated coaching sessions on goal-setting
This is a paid internship.
There is a level system in this program. When an Associate successfully completes the criteria for a level jump, they will be eligible for a raise.
You will also be eligible to receive tips from your Educator by meeting daily goals that will be set by you and your educator.
At the start of your program you will be provided a starter kit valued at over $715. The starter kit consists of:
- • An Over the Top training guide
- • A Stylist Planner
- • Social Media Script Guide
- • Digital Intelligent Verbiage Guide
- • A Redken product guide
- • A Mannequin
- • Level Up Business Class
- • A custom take-home product kit including: shampoo, conditioner, treatment, and styler
For the duration of the program, your performance will be evaluated by your Educator and reviewed by Elle Marie senior management. Upon completion, you will be offered a permanent position as a stylist with Elle Marie based on the following criteria:
- • All training objectives have been met or exceeded
- • Associate is an exceptional fit with the team and believes in the 4 pillars that make up the Elle Marie Hair Studio Mantra
- • A full or part time position is available (this may or may not be the location that the training occurred)
Elle Marie hires Associates who fit our company’s culture. We look past limited experience and for achievement in other areas. We hire candidates with the following attributes:
- • Strong communication skills
- • Honesty, integrity, and kindness
- • Teamwork skills
- • Interpersonal skills
- • Professional in appearance and behavior
- • Strong work ethic
- • Motivation and initiative
- • Flexibility and adaptability
- • Organizational skills
- • Creativity
- • Able to work in a cost-conscious culture
- • A good fit in the salon culture and team
At Elle Marie, our motto is, “Hire the person and train the skill.” If you’re high energy, focused on customer service, and have a radiant personality, we’d love to have you on our team!
Please complete our Employment Application online.
CURRENT ELLE MARIE EDUCATORS
For more information on employment opportunities at Elle Marie Hair Studio, please visit our Careers page.
BEHIND THE SCENES
Want a first-hand glimpse at what careers at Elle Marie Hair Studio look like? Follow @ellemariehairstudiocareers on Instagram!